The Society meets on the third Monday of alternate months from January to November in the Wilton Community Centre at 7.30p.m.
Contact: Felicity Smith 01722 742526 email email@example.com
The Society is self-funded through a modest annual membership fee of £6 for 6 talks.
Additional funds are raised through raffles and the sale of light refreshments. Non-members are welcome as guests and charged £2 per meeting.
A programme of events is published in advance and forthcoming talks are advertised on posters and in the local press.
Past talks of local interest have included carpet weaving in Wilton, the Earls of Pembroke, the history of Wilton House grounds and art collection, prominent women of Wilton and the Salisbury War Memorial. Of more general interest there have been talks on the Tower of London, early flying pioneers, Morris Dancing and Jack the Ripper.
The following talks are planned for 2020;
- Jan 20th _ Wilton Before the Welfare State (Christine Matthews)
- Mar 16th _ Wilton Past and Present (John Cutland)
- May 18th _The Secret Life of Florence Nightingale (Elizabeth Johnson)
- July 20th _ The Sex Life of Kings (Tony Strafford)
- Sept 21st _ The Old Manor Hospital (Frogg Moody)
- Nov 16th _ Wilton’s Abbey (Nick Griffiths)
The Society welcomes enquiries about local history and is very pleased to help wherever possible. It should be pointed out however, that the Society does not hold any records.