Wilton Community Car Boot Sale will start the day from 8am
• Followed by the Wilton Single Wicket Cricket Contest. No cricket experience is necessary and all equipment will be
provided by Wilton Cricket Club the Wilton Wildcats. Individuals will be drawn against an opponent to face an over of
batting & bowling against each other -whoever scores the most runs in the 6 balls go through to the next round until we
have an eventual winner. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
• The Sunday fun will culminate in the Wilton Carnival Procession, starting at Water Ditchampton at 2pm and finishing in
Castle Meadow. This year the theme is “Round the World” (with loose links to the Football World Cup). We are hoping
lots of people will join in the procession around Wilton. You do not need a float – people can decorate trailers,
wheelbarrows or just come as a walking entrant. Branded company vehicles are welcome as well! There will be prizes for
different categories and we are also encouraging people to dress up their dogs and join in the Carnival procession, which
will be led by the Carnival Court & Champion Canine.
• To enter the procession, Carnival Court selection (King, Queen, Prince & Princess) please email email@example.com
• The annual Wilton Duck Race on the River Wylye – come along, buy a duck and cheer it as it floats down the river to the
• The Wilton British Legion Band will be marching and performing throughout the day.
Over the whole weekend:
• Local craft and charity stalls showing and selling their wares.
• If you would like to bring along a stall for the weekend, book a car boot sale space or enter into the carnival procession or
dog procession, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fabulous food and delicious drinks from a licensed bar will be served throughout the day including local dairy farm ice
cream, cake stall, BBQ, and Carnival Chilli.
In the weeks leading up to the Carnival other community activities will take place as well, of which more details of each: